|Code of Conduct
- Full payment is required with the enrolment/re-enrolment of a child. A place cannot be confirmed or held unless a payment has been made.
- Payments can be paid to Suncorp Account Name: Aqualification & Fitness, Account Number: 295567 BSB: 034-636 using an identifiable reference. Alternatively payments can be made by Eftpos or cash at the office.
- Places are allocated on a first come first serve basis. Demand may be high so prompt registration is advised.
- All parents and swimmers must agree and adhere to Shut the Gate Learn to Swim Code of Conduct.
- There are a maximum numbers of students to each class. Should classes be full then a waiting list will be started.
- As soon as new places become available, in the appropriate ability level, you will be offered that place. First come first served basis.
- Please inform Shut the Gate Learn to Swim as soon as possible if you no longer wish to be kept on the list.
Make up lessons:
- Our Make up Policy is benefits students in the following ways:
- Reduced class numbers with more consistency
- Increased teacher planning ability for individual students.
- Less disruption to lessons by a make up student.
- Maintain class dynamics.
- Reduced stress on students and teachers.
- Fully recovery from illness before completing a make up lesson.
- Encourage students to attend during Water Safety Week.
- Make up lessons are completed when class sizes are traditionally smaller.
- Two (2) make up lessons are available for each 10 week school term.
- Shut the Gate must be advised at least 30 minutes prior to the start time of the student’s scheduled lesson
- A doctor’s Certificate must be sighted by our administrators for the day the student was absent.
- Make up lessons will be booked according to AVAILABILITY during the SCHOOL HOLIDAY period following the absent lesson (this is to meet the Guidelines of Safe Pool Operation).
- Make up lessons will not be available to students who are absent during Water Safety Week.
- Make up lessons will not be granted when children are removed from lessons for unacceptable behaviour.
- Please refrain from bringing your child to swimming lessons if your child is suffering from any contagious condition.
- Please Note that there is a two (2) day exclusion period for swimmers that have had diarrhea.
- When you book your child’s make up lesson/s and you do not attend, you forfeit the chance to rebook the make-up lesson/s you missed
- All instructors are Austswim Certified teachers
- The class size is kept minimal, ensuring your child will receive above average attention.
- All staff are Positive Notice Blue Card holders issued by the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian meaning they pass a working with children check, QLD.
- Shut the Gate learn to swim reserves the right to replace advertised coaches or programs where unavoidable.
- If an instructor is unwell or cannot attend a session, Shut the Gate Learn to Swim will endeavor to provide a cover teacher.
- If you have a medical problem, or for example, use an inhaler, please tell your Instructor.
- The pool should not be used by persons who have consumed food within 30 minutes.
- To avoid injury the wearing of spectacles in the water by a swimmer during a session is not recommended. Care of spectacles is the responsibility of the parent/ guardian.
- Swimming goggles, including those with ophthalmic prescription lenses, may be worn at the wearers own risk.
- Jewellery can be a hazard and wearing jewellery in the pool will be done at your own risk.
- All swimmers must wear suitable swimwear. For babies that are still in nappies please use swimming nappies.
- Only enter the pool once your Instructor has told you to.
- Listen to what your Instructor tells you. If you don’t understand, please ask.
- The following action consists as disorderly behaviour: running, diving, jumping, ducking, fighting, bombing, shouting and throwing items. If behaviour persists you will be asked to leave.
- For the safety of themselves and others, children under the age of 16 must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult.
- Personal belongings are left at the owner’s risk.
- Remember, children are involved in this sport for their enjoyment and achievement not yours.
- Be realistic about your child’s abilities and do not over-expect. Much harm can be done when children consistently fall short of their parent’s expectations.
- Be helpful to your child but do not coach him/ her. A little knowledge can be dangerous. The Instructors are there to do the coaching. If you think there is a problem speak to the Instructor first.
- Polite, respectful behavior will be expected at all times.
- Abusive or disrespectful behavior to teachers or office staff will not be tolerated and you may be asked to leave the premises.
- Abusive behaviour over the phone will also not be tolerated and administrative staff have been instructed to hang up if abusive behaviour on the telephone occurs! If you have questions, comments, or concerns, please do so in a polite manner.
- In the event of an emergency the person in charge will notify you.
- All swimmers and spectators will immediately stop what they are doing and wait quietly for further instructions.
- Should it be necessary to clear the pool, when the instruction is given, all swimmers will move to the sides of the pool, leave the water and stand back from the side. Swimmers will remain standing at all times.
- Should it be necessary to evacuate the building no attempt should be made to recover possessions from the changing rooms or anywhere else within the building.
- In all instances where it is necessary to evacuate the building a member of staff will take charge once the swimmers have left the water.
- The evacuation meeting point is across the road from the car park in the park area.
- Once there, staff members will help account for everyone and give you further instructions.
- To be able to take photographs of your swimmer/s within this facility you must notify the office one week in advance.
- This notifcation will allow US (the office staff) to check with parents of other children if this is ok.
- The teacher must also be notified and the teacher has the right to say they don’t want any photographs taken that day.
- No video footage, under any circumstance, is to be captured while lessons are being held within the facility.
- Photographs taken by parents/carers/family friends must contain their child only or their child and the teacher only.
- No other child is allowed to appear in your photographs unless that parent verbally confirms that is ok at the time of the lesson.
- Any parent who says they don’t want their child’s image appearing in another photograph has the right to ask to the other parent to delete/destroy any photograph where their child appears.
In a nutshell,
♦ NO VIDEO FOOTAGE AT ALL WITHIN THE FACILITY ♦
♦ ONLY STILL PHOTOGRAPHS OF YOUR CHILD ONLY (NO OTHER CHILDREN) ♦
- Photographs are for personal use only.
- Photographs are not to be used for advertising or media in any way.
- Photographs can be posted on Facebook and Twitter, however you must notify us by either tagging (FB) or verbally confirming it at the office. This will allow us to help regulate this policy for the protection of your children and others.